Friday, July 23, 2010

TMI Friday! What IS that SMELL???

Hello kiddies! Welcome to my very first Blog Carnival!
TMI FRIDAY!

What is TMI Friday? Well, this is a fun game where ANYTHING goes! Things you wouldn't normally talk about in a blog, but happen to us EVERY DAY!
Here's what you do:
1) Write a TMI blog about anything bizarre, weird, or just plain gross that's happened to you (please keep it family friendly!).
2) Take my TMI Friday button on the right side of the page and post  it into your blog to link back to me (copy and paste the code).
3) Sign in below on my linky
That's it! It's that simple!!
So, without further ado,

WHAT IS THAT SMELL??

There's a song my kids sing all the time:
"Be careful little ears what you hear
Be careful little ears what you hear
For the Father up above,
Is looking down in love,
So be careful little ears what you hear . . ."

It goes on in the following verses to talk about other parts of the body that experience outside forces - our mouths, our feet, our eyes, etc.
Every once in a while, though, I think there should be another verse added.
OUR NOSES!

Let's face it - we all have one.
the phantom smell
It can be ANYWHERE
Our car
Our bathroom
Our kitchen
Even our laundry room
Or bed room

Sometimes, it's a pleasant one - something that reminds us of our childhood or a fun vacation
But more often than not
it's not.

Has this ever happened to you?
It's happened to me
I got a story about it.
D'ya like to hear it?
Here it goes:

A couple of weeks ago, I was in the car with my husband on our way to my folks' house.
We had just dropped off the kids at his parents house as we were going out for the evening with mine to celebrate my moms . . . er . . . 29 1/2 . . . birthday.
Then. I smelled it.
It was an unpleasant oder.
It reminded me of . . . BO and hairspray.
I searched frantically around me trying to find what it was, but to no avail.
I could find nothing.
A couple of days later, I was back in the car. I smelled it again.
I got out of the car to search the back seat and rear hatch for anything that might be offending to the olfactory nerve.
I could find NOTHING.
My husband cleaned out the car, and as far as I know, HE found nothing.
It was a mystery.
One that I was quite frightened to find the answer to, frankly.
And I should have been afraid.
I should have been VERY afraid.
For a few days ago, I smelled it again. 
So, I searched the car high and low. 
My 13 year old daughter had left a bag of clothes in the front seat, could it be it? 
No.
My to-go bag was next to it, could that be it? 
No.
The bag of trash my husband left in the back, that HAD to be it, right?
No.
Then. I. Found. It.
The most obscene, putrid, disgusting sight.
There, tucked up under one of the seats was a pair of a child's underpants that had been soiled.
That's right.
Soiled.
And not the #1 kind of soiled either.
Disgusted, I simply picked them up and threw them into the dumpster.
Then I closed the car doors.
I went inside.
And I washed my hands for about thirty minutes.

Got a TMI story you want to share? Be sure to link up below and join the fun!

3 comments:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Oh, ewww...that's nasty.

One time we had a water bottle art project that spilled in the car. It smelled like rotten fish. And, it took forever to find it.

Anonymous said...

As you know, I now work in an Animal Shelter. One day I left work as usual, dropped off my trustees at the jail, parked my squad car, and got into my personal car to head home. Then I smelled it. Sort of a cross between a locker room, a bathroom, and a wet dog. I opened the windows, got out and searched the car. I wasn't in the trunk, the backseat, or the front seat. I looked under the seats...nothing. So I headed home. I smelled it again on the highway, and just racked the window and kept driving. I finally get home, give Daniella a kiss, and sit down to mess around on the computer for a few when her youngest, Hannah, comes up to give me a hug. As she does, she pulls back and exclaims "Ewwww, you STINK!!!" I then realized that the offending odor was coming from my uniform, and was me the entire time!!!!!

SuperMom Blues said...

LOL, Bubba!!! That sounds like something that would happen in your household!