Monday, July 19, 2010

Making Your Home Sing Monday - laugh out loud!

Making Your Home Sing Monday! 
Making your home sing Mondays
(don't forget to check out this weeks menu - complete with recipes!)
One of the best ways that I have learned to keep my sanity (and keep from duct-taping my children to the wall) is to keep my sense of humor in check. I love to watch comedies, read comics, and find funny books and blogs to read. Not only is the reading aspect relaxing, but the humor is healing, cleansing, and downright fun. Here are some of my favorites, to date!

Books:
The House That Cleans Itself - Yes it's a self-help book, but it had me chuckling at page one. And each chapter has an "embarrassing moment" story at the end, some of which are sure to get your belly laughs rolling!

Sidetracked Home Executives - Another cleaning book, but Pam and Peggy keep the laughs coming throughout as they disclose their own "messes". Some of the stories are LITERALLY laugh-out-loud (LOL) funny, so be prepared to answer the question "what are you laughing at".

In Her Shoes - Jennifer Weiner touches the soul and the funny bone in this novel about sisterly relationships. I laughed and cried throughout!

The Stinky Cheese Man (and other fairly stupid tales): This book takes several fairy tales - the Gingerbread Man, Jack and the Beanstalk, Cinderella, and Red Riding Hood, to name a few - and re-writes them. This book appealed to my kids first, but when I read it to them, I couldn't stop laughing. My personal favorite is the on going saga of the Little Red Hen!

Bridget Jones' Diary and Bridget Jones: Edge of Reason: You almost have to read these two books back to back to get the full effect. And no, the movies are nothing like them! Bridget is a character that I think every woman can relate to!

ANYTHING by Ken Davis. He is just simply hilarious.

Blogs:

guys on a couch: My techy friend Ryan has created his own comic strip that is HILARIOUS. It's two guys. On a couch. Discussing the world. Need I say more?

Moms The Word: Sweet Nan is the host of Making Your Home Sing Monday - and she has some of the funniest posts I've ever read!

The Daily Dribbles: Kristi is chock-full of wit!

He&Me+3: Mimi always puts a chuckle in my heart with her hilarious (and REAL) stories!!

TV Shows:

Seinfeld: The Puffy Shirt. Need I say more?

Friends: I still laugh at Phoebe!

The Marriage Ref: DH and I can't agree on weather or not this show is funny or hilarious! If you have EVER had an argument with your spouse, this is one to watch!

Mythbusters: Adam and Jamie have no end to the funny antics - most involving some form of explosives. Or duct tape. Or both.

So, there you have it! My favorite ways to laugh, all in one blog! 

And, HERE is this week's menu to boot!
Want to join the fun? Visit momstheword to find out how!

3 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

I totally agree...If I didn't keep my sense of humor I would go insane. Thanks for the lists and allowing my blog to make it on the list. I am honored.
I love friends too. Still hilarious.

momstheword said...

That was so sweet of you to include my blog on your list, thank you!!!! I will have to check out the other blogs (I already love Mimi, of course!).

I'll have to check out that House That Cleans itself book, sounds fun (I have the S.H.E. one).

Laughter is very healing, I soooo agree. Thanks for linking up today!

SuperMom Blues said...

You guys always make me smile. : )