Tuesday, July 6, 2010

This weeks Menu! (a day late : )

Well since we had a holiday weekend, my husband was home with me from Friday through yesterday, thus I am a day late with this weeks menu. But it was well worth it - we had a fantastic weekend with friends and family!

Here's this weeks Meals-At-A-Glance! (with recipe)

Monday
We went "Meat-y" instead of "Meat-LESS" this week, since we had TONS of leftovers!

Tuesday
Chicken Spaghetti
Salad
Bread

Wednesday
Breakfast! (Sausage, biscuits, gravy, and scrambled eggs)

Thursday
Chicken Burritoes
Rice, beans

Friday
Onion Dogs
Tater Tots

Saturday
Night out with my mom and dad!

Chicken Spaghetti (this is my friend, Laura's recipe that I modifed for my family [and what I have on hand, LOL])
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded/cubed
1 lb spaghetti
4 oz velveeta
1 8oz can cream of mushroom soup
1/4 c chopped roasted red bell peppers
1/4 c chopped sun dried tomatoes
1/4 c chopped frozen onion
1 T olive oil

In a saute pan, cook onion in olive oil until translucent. Add peppers and tomatoes and mix well. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and return to pan. While pasta is hot, add cheese, cream of mushroom soup, chicken, and vegetable mix. Mix gently to combine.

*optional - turn out into a casserole dish and top with cheddar cheese. Bake at 425 until bubbly and brown. Allow to sit 10 minutes before serving.*

Yes, I know, short and sweet this week!

No comments: