Each year, I have the same answer: "My New Year's Resolution is to not make any New Year's Resolutions!"
I stopped making them a while ago, because I was always setting myself up for failure.
Most people do that when they set resolutions, see.
They place their expectations WAY too high for themselves, and then sometime around July when you ask "Hey, how are those resolutions going?" they say "oh, I stopped somewhere between lose 30 pounds by March and visit the Soup Kitchen every day . . ."
And don't even ask them about finishing that novella.
So I never make Resolutions.
- Until this year.
Yes, ladies and gentlemen, SuperMom Jen has ridden the sheeple wagon and decided to make some resolutions this year.
Now, mind you, my expectations are not too high for myself. I know that I will be able to reach each and every one of these goals this year.
So . . . Without further ado, here are
SUPERMOM JEN'S TOP TEN NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS
1) Stop saying "without further ado". Who really says that anyway? For that matter, what the heck does "ado" mean??
2) Exercise for no less than once a week, for at least a minute. After all, I have to keep this girlish *snort* figure intact.
3) Get rid of 5 things, every day. Eggshells, paper towels, kleenex . . . Those can really pile up!!
4) Hug my children daily. All my children. Even the ones I don't like so much.
5) Kiss my husband every day. Especially right before I ask him to do the dishes for me.
6) Take one hour a day, every day for myself. Okay, that one's not so funny. But necessary!!
7) Go to church at least once a month. Since we're going that route anyway.
8) Eat something really really fattening once a week. We're talking fried chicken, chocolate cake, ice cream, thick crust pizza with extra mushrooms and pepperoni . . . yeah, baby!
9) Work on my snarky wit. You readers really don't see how funny I am most of the time. I really need to showcase that more!
And my final New Year's Resolution for 2011 is . . .
1) LAUGH AT MYSELF OFTEN!!!! I think this one is self-explanatory, kiddies!
So, there you have it! Some are funny, some not so funny, but all are real, goals!!
Oh, the one I DIDN'T add to the list (really because I don't want to jinx it) is to FINALLY finish my BGS!! (Bachelor's of General Studies - English and History) Final semester!! Graduation in May, the Lord willing!!
This has been FIFTEEN YEARS IN THE MAKING KIDDIES!!!!
Happy New Year to each of you and many MANY blessings from the God of us all!!