Sunday, January 2, 2011

Resolutions . . .

Each year, people ask me the same question: "What's YOUR New Year's Resolution?"
Each year, I have the same answer: "My New Year's Resolution is to not make any New Year's Resolutions!"
I stopped making them a while ago, because I was always setting myself up for failure.
Most people do that when they set resolutions, see.
They place their expectations WAY too high for themselves, and then sometime around July when you ask "Hey, how are those resolutions going?" they say "oh, I stopped somewhere between lose 30 pounds by March and visit the Soup Kitchen every day . . ."
And don't even ask them about finishing that novella.
So I never make Resolutions.

  1. Until this year. 

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, SuperMom Jen has ridden the sheeple wagon and decided to make some resolutions this year.
Now, mind you, my expectations are not too high for myself. I know that I will be able to reach each and every one of these goals this year.
So . . . Without further ado, here are

SUPERMOM JEN'S TOP TEN NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS

1) Stop saying "without further ado". Who really says that anyway? For that matter, what the heck does "ado" mean??
2) Exercise for no less than once a week, for at least a minute. After all, I have to keep this girlish *snort* figure intact.
3) Get rid of 5 things, every day. Eggshells, paper towels, kleenex . . . Those can really pile up!!
4) Hug my children daily. All my children. Even the ones I don't like so much.
5) Kiss my husband every day. Especially right before I ask him to do the dishes for me.
6) Take one hour a day, every day for myself. Okay, that one's not so funny. But necessary!!
7) Go to church at least once a month. Since we're going that route anyway.
8) Eat something really really fattening once a week. We're talking fried chicken, chocolate cake, ice cream, thick crust pizza with extra mushrooms and pepperoni . . . yeah, baby!
9) Work on my snarky wit. You readers really don't see how funny I am most of the time. I really need to showcase that more!
And my final New Year's Resolution for 2011 is . . .
1) LAUGH AT MYSELF OFTEN!!!! I think this one is self-explanatory, kiddies!


So, there you have it! Some are funny, some not so funny, but all are real, goals!!
Oh, the one I DIDN'T add to the list (really because I don't want to jinx it) is to FINALLY finish my BGS!! (Bachelor's of General Studies - English and History) Final semester!! Graduation in May, the Lord willing!!
This has been FIFTEEN YEARS IN THE MAKING KIDDIES!!!!

Happy New Year to each of you and many MANY blessings from the God of us all!!





6 comments:

... said...

Me likey very much! Ya'll come back and see us at church! We really were happy to see you all!
Love your resolutions!

SuperMom Blues said...

We'll HOPEFULLY be there Sunday! Ronnie and I have decided - NO EXCUSES!! LOL

Courtney said...

Awesome!! I love love LOVE your New Year's Resolutions!!

I'm with ya, lady. :)

Wrye said...

Perfect - almost un-resolutions! I don't do resolutions either, but do occasionally think up self improvement ideas when I feel like cr*p throughout the year.

Here's to ongoing improvement!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'll be returning to catch that wit you're promising more of!
(((hugs)))

Kim @ This Belle Rocks said...

Best of luck on the BGS....I still need to finish my bachelor's, but I have a feeling my kids may earn theirs before I complete mine!

I ditched resolutions this year, but still have some specific goals I'm working towards.

Just hopped over from Blog Frog!

Laura said...

I don't usually make New Year's resolutions either. And you made me feel much better, I've been in school for about 5 years studying to be a special education teacher. I think I have about 3 semesters left...and I thought 5 years was a long time.

Thanks for the visit!