Wednesday, January 12, 2011

15 Years In the Making . . .

I am excited.
I am nervous.
I am anxious.
I am graduating.

I think I must have the world record for longest time taken to get a bachelor's degree.
15 years.
Actually, I think now we're officially up to 16.
I started in 1995. It is now 2011.
You do the math.

I know, I know I've said it before "It's near! I'm getting closer!!"
But this time, I really REALLY am.
2 classes left.
This semester.
C or better.

As excited as I am, I just don't think I'll know what to DO with myself when it's all over!!
I'm scared I won't find a job.
Or worse, that I WILL find a job, and hate it.

Of course . . . There's always Graduate School . . .
Of course that might take me another 20 years.
I am sick, aren't I?

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

How Exciting!! Girl, you've accomplished a huge goal (or will shortly) who cares how long it took you? Nice work!!

(Stopping by from SITS)

Michelle said...

Congrats! It is great that you stuck with it and never gave up. That is determination!

The Bama Gardener said...

Congrats on ALMOST finishing! I just finished a couple of weeks ago! It is a wonderful feeling! It took me a tad less time, but I did take a few years off (marriage, fertility treatments...)

Thanks for your prayers for my trip and for helping to make my SITS day wonderful!

Kmama said...

Wow. You really are close!! I'm so impressed that you've stuck with it. what is your degree?

Shrinking Jeans said...

That is Awesome!! I am so PROUD of you!! I know how hard it is to go to school, take care of your children and manage your home. YOU ROCK!!

Cooking Up Faith said...

Congratulations!! And...tight rolled jeans - yes! I forgot about that one! :)

Farah Jasmine said...

Congrats!!

Emmy said...

Good for you!! So exciting!!