Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Recipe!!

Okay so you would think that after yesterday's ramblings I would have something really healthful and low-cal. Well, let me tell you - once a month I really really need something sweet and gooey and fattening and yummy. That time frame started yesterday. So, I made cookies!! Yes, I know. They go against everything I spoke about yesterday, but darnit, I am woman! I need sweets when my hormones are raging! So, anyway, I developed this recipe not thinking it would actually work, LOL, but it did. These things are sweet, caramelly, buttery, lacy, thin . . . okay I need one for breakfast now . . .

Supermom's Everything But The Kitchen Sink Cookies

Yeild:

A ton. I made about 20 cookies and only used about 1/3 of the batter, so I'm going to guess around 60 total.

2 sticks softened butter (I actually used Smart Balance's blend that has 50% heart healthy spread and Omega 3's added)
1/2 c white sugar
1 1/2 c brown sugar
3 eggs
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 T milk

2 c flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp cinnimon (my secret - shhhhh!)

1 bag simi-sweet chocolate chips
1 bag toffee bits (Heath bar makes some - find them right next to the mini-m&m's and the mini reeses pieces)
1 c walnuts

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until well blended. Add eggs and mix until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and milk and blend thoroughly.

In another bowl, whisk or sift together all dry ingredients. (I put them in the bowl and whisk them) Add dry ingredients to your wet ingredients and mix by hand until blended well. Add chocolate, toffee, and nuts. Mix well. BATTER WILL BE SORT OF LOOSE. DON'T FREAK OUT.

Drop by the spoonful (about a T for each cookie) on to a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and bake at 350 until slightly golden on top (about 5-7 minutes). If you find the bottoms burn, drop the heat to 325.

No comments: