Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Witnessing . . . And Me

I am a terrible witness.
I just had to get that out first thing.


I don't minister to ANYONE face to face.
I may say something on my blog or facebook or twitter.
But never directly TO anyone, and NEVER face to face.
Maybe I'm scared of losing their friendship?
(I have many non-Christian friends)
Maybe I'm scared of being judged?
Whatever the reason, I know it's attributed to fear.


What kind of friend doesn't share the love of her Christ with those she cares about?


The Lord commands us to in Matthew 28:19-20:


"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."


How displeasing is it to God that I don't - that I CAN'T - bring myself to do this?


Yesterday I read this devotion from Proverbs 31 Ministries. It talks about these feelings of self-doubt and fear. Doubting myself is, essentially, doubting what God can do for me. 
It led me to make a commitment to myself and to my God to be a better Christian and to be a better minister.


Christ has led us ALL into His ministry, and calls for each of us to do so.


But in order to do this, I have to "check myself" first.


I have to release my fear and self-doubt.
Some people don't like Christians filled with Fire.
I have to be willing to take that risk and remember that teaching other's about Christ is right, and good, and pleasing to God.


I also have to stop whining and complaining so much in my life.
How can I tell others about the love of Christ and the Peace and the Joy He brings, when I'm complaining all the time?
God wants us to find comfort in Him at all times.


I also need to watch my actions and what I say.
Gossip is hurtful to others. Harsh words are hurtful to others. Raised voices are hurtful to others.
God wants us to be kind, and tolerant, and loving.


So there you have it.
It's going to be hard for me.
really. really. hard.
Please pray for me.


Have a blessed day!


2 comments:

Jennifer Kay said...

I'm the same exact way girl! Sometimes I think that maybe my actions speak louder than my words and that might be enough? But I can never seem to bring myself to say the words as I have many non-Christian friends as well.

LBDDiaries said...

No no no! You are NOT displeasing God. He created you; He knows you; He enables & empowers you to be what He created you to be and we are not cookie-cutter Christians. There are different personalities for every walk of life.

Walking in the area where you are graced is very important. Some people are graced with in-your-face ministry (I'm not); others are graced to write; others still graced to teach in a pulpit situation. I suspect if any of your non-Christian friends came to you and asked, you could tell them immediately all about God and His love, right?

It is more important to find what area God has graced you in than force yourself to be what He didn't. We are not all Paul's - some are Barnabas' (encourager)! When you walk that Love walk consistently and constantly in front of others, it speaks "God" loudly - much more loudly than words.