If you missed this post talking about our frozen tundra of a wasteland or this post with the pictures to prove it, let's just say things have been pretty slippery around here this past week. So much so, that it's been really REALLY hard to keep my home singing. So, I guess this post is kind of a "hind sight is 20-20" kind of post - all the things I SHOULD have done but didn't to prepare for the onslaught of what has become known as "Snowpocolypse 2011".
What To Do BEFORE "Snowpocolypse" Hits.
- Stock up on bottled water, and fill a couple of 5 gallon jugs for important things like dishwashing or toilet flushing.
- Make sure you have enough groceries for two weeks - INCLUDING milk, juice, and Goldfish Crackers. (Just in case)
- Sock up on paper plates and plastic utensils to avoid as much dishwashing as possible - cutsie animal ones are preferred by smaller ones.
- Make sure your kids are good on things like coats and gloves and galoshes (really spell check? THAT'S how you spell galoshes??).
- Stock up on things like craft supplies and puzzles - especially puzzles with pictures of things like princesses or talking cars.
- Remove the light bulbs from most of your light fixtures and unplug most electronics to avoid unnecessarily high price jumps in electricity.
- Stock up on taper candles to use so that you won't be tempted to replace said light bulbs.
- Stock up on batteries for all toys, cameras, and other battery operated things that you might need batteries for
- Hid the battery operated things that make a lot of loud, repetitive, annoying noise.
- Instruct family members on the proper noise level in a home with five people all stuck in the same place.
- Invest in extra duct tape to assist those having issues remembering proper noise levels.
- And finally, pray that we never live to see another SnowPocolypse again!!!
Hope you all got a good chuckle from my lack of foresight!! Love to everyone. Have blessed week!