Thursday, February 10, 2011

Happy Birthday to . . . ME!

You know, I almost forgot my own birthday this year, all the excitement with sickness and the weather and everything.
35 years today . . . I can't really believe it, to tell you the truth.
I remember as a kid thinking that 35 was SO OLD.
But right now, I am looking forward to new beginnings.
I have made it my mission that in the next five years, I am going to completely reinvent myself
physically
mentally
spiritually
I am going to lose this weight (thanks to weight watchers)
I am going to release my fears and self-doubts
I am going to re-focus on my relationship with Christ.
When I hit 40, I'm going to be the best version of me that I can imagine.
I'm not striving to be perfect
I'm just striving to be what God wants me to be.

Incidentally, my husband got me the silliest, and yet sweetest card (because of the inside joke - we've all been sick around here for ages!)

Birthdays are Like Boogers,


The more you have, the harder it is to breathe.
Have a Happy One!
(Birthday, That Is)

I guess he should feel lucky that I appreciate and adore his humor, huh?
This weekend we're going to go out and celebrate both my birthday and Valentine's (since the weekend falls smack dab in between the two). I've given him a list of three places I'd like to go, and told him to surprise me.

He has a way of making my birthday's amazing.
My birthday when we were dating was spectacular.
He went to this place here in town called "Party in a Box" and did this amazing box with lots of amazing goodies - movies, chocolate, a squishy pillow . . . The works. I loved it. A week later he proposed :-)

Then a couple years later, he took me and my sisters to Medieval times. We had the best time laughing at the pomp and circumstance! Oh, and the serving wench that dropped my chicken.

And of course, he's baked me a cake too. 
My wish this year was for a coconut cake, but since I've started WW, I'm thinking on a smaller scale, so we'll see what happens.

It's going to be a great birthday.


2 comments:

LBDDiaries said...

Happy happy birthday! May all the surprises be amazing! I like the goals you've set for yourself and I believe you will make every one of them!

Angela said...

Happy belated birthday!!