Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas From The SuperMom Blues!

It's Christmas Eve!
Some people have snow on Christmas Eve.
(we did last year)
This year - we're having thunderstorms.
No worries, though, because this Christmas is proving to be one of the best ones yet.

I've gotten (most) of the baking done.
I've gotten (most) of the presents wrapped.
AND
I've gotten (ALL) of the blessings I could ask for.

Right now as I listen to the pitter-patter of the rain tumbling over my roof and windows, I am excited over the prospect of listening to my children sing joyful Christmas carols tonight. I am anticipating fighting them on going to bed so that Santa can finally make his appearance (by the way, do you follow him on Twitter?). Tonight we will be watching his route on NORAD, and I will delight in my children's giddy anticipation after a day filled with cookies and candy and their Granny's good food.

I will snuggle them, and read to them both The Christmas Story and 'Twas the Night Before Christmas as we drink hot cocoa. We will set out three of the prettiest cookies for Santa along with a mug of hot chocolate, and a few carrots for the reindeer. Then I will tuck them in and wait to hear them snoozing before I and their father make all of their Christmas visions of St. Nicholas come true.

Tomorrow promises to be another amazing day filled with blessings untold. My children's joy and wonder at the Magic of Christmas will make my heart leap and bring a smile to my face. Being able to finally give my Dear Husband something he will enjoy this year is also something I look very forward to. Spending time with family - some of whom we don't get to see very often - is going to be so wonderful.

But Christmas isn't just about the giving, and the feasting and the visiting.
This Christmas, above all things, I will be thinking of a tiny baby. A small young child that was brought into the world for one purpose - the salvation of all.

Thank you, God, for giving us the most precious gift we could ever receive in your Son.
Thank you, Jesus, for fulfilling the Father's will and blessing the world with the gift of Salvation.
Amen.

Blessings to you all,
And
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments: