Saturday, May 24, 2008

It's Too Freakin' Early

So my wonderful infant son wakes up at 6 freakin' 30 this morning. No worries, I was just going to change him and give him a bottle and crawl back into bed to snuggle with hubby until everyone else wakes up at around 8:30. WISHFUL THINKING. Who should I hear come up behind me (talking almost as loud as possible) - my step son. I love my kids - all of them weather I gave birth to them or not. But I had NO intention of being awake at 6:30 this morning, nor did I have any intention of STAYING awake. But, of course, Jake decided "no bottle for me, momma - Garrett's up - it's time to PLAY". So here it is, roughly 8:05 my time and I have been up for an hour and a half on a Saturday on Memorial Day weekend. Niiice . . . (catch the sarcasm there?)

On the bright side, now I have an excuse to wake hubby up at 8:30 (if the loud children don't wake him first). I plan on getting this house CLEAN this weekend. Not just a little clean. I mean CLEAN clean. The I-can-eat-off-my-countertops-without-being-afraid-of-a-staph-infection clean. If I have to be the only one cleaning this weekend - it WILL happen. I am tired of the mess and the filth. For every five things I pick up, seventeen more remain. And MOST of it isn't even mine!! So I have decided we are going to become minimalists. Yup. Nothing I don't need is staying. I am holding on to a few baby items for my hubby's pregnant cousin (we don't know if it's a boy or a girl yet) but other than that - everything not necessary to life in our household is GOING. I hope . . .

No comments: