Thursday, May 29, 2008

Another Kick In The Butt . . .



I like to say sometimes that God likes to kick me in the butt every now and again to remind me where my spiritual loyalty lies. My hubby's amazing cousin posted this link. For the past ten minutes I have been bawling my eyes out. This wonderful woman went through something that no family should ever have to endure. As I read her story I was amazed by her amazing faith in God. She took this challenge as God giving her an oppertunity to witness to others. Rather than asking "why" she only said "thank you". Eternally grateful for what she HAS rather than being bitter over what she DOESN'T have.


I really need to learn from this woman. I find myself asking "why" all the time. I find myself wanting MORE - always feeling that we don't have what we NEED or that we don't have ENOUGH, when the fact is, we have MORE than enough. We have more that a lot of people. We always have enough food. We have a roof over our head. We have clothes on our back. We have a car. We have friends and family that love us. And we have our children. Rather than whining about not having enough room, or not having enough "stuff" I need to step back and take notice of the beautiful things I do have.







No comments: