Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Proverbs 22:6

I am blogging today only because I feel I need to. I don't really have anything on my heart, but I felt I needed to put SOMETHING down . . .

Well, that's not entirely true. I have a LOT on my heart. Mostly child custody issues. I won't go into our story regarding that here, just because I'm not going to name names on the internet. If I know you, and you want to know what's going on, please feel free to email me and I will tell you all about it. Otherwise, sorry that I can't indulge you any more than that.

Funny that it's not just us -

My best friend is going to court on Friday to get full custody of her daughter.

My brother and his wife have decided to split up - there's going to be a nasty battle there, I can feel it . . .

It makes me ask - what is going on? WHY do people use their children as wepons? That's not why God blessed us with these little people!! We are supposed to love them, and nurture them and care for them . . . We are supposed to guide them in the Lord and in His ways and teach them about Him - WE are here for THEM -- NOT the other way around!

So WHY do these people use their kids to get back at their ex's?? I JUST DON'T GET IT!!! They are SCREWING their kids up for life - AND THEY DON'T CARE!!

It kills me to see children suffer for their parent's own selfish needs . . .

Proverbs 22:6 (NIV)
"Train a child in the way he should go,
and when he is old he will not turn from it."

THIS should be our focus. NOT child support, or making "the Ex" mad. WHAT'S BEST FOR THE CHILDREN . . .

I am so mad right now I could throw something.

No comments: