Wednesday, June 4, 2008

How Time Flies . . .

I was looking at my children (well, the two youngest since the two oldest are at their mom's) this morning and it utterly amazes me how quickly time goes.

Emily is speaking plainly (if you ever knew her before, you would remember she has had quite the speech impediment). She is also reading 3 and 4 letter words (with help, although she's getting quite good at sight words). She loves to dance and sing, and makes up songs ALL the time. Her hair is down to her waist.

I remember, not so long ago, that I was so worried that her hair would NEVER grow, that no one besides me would EVER understand her, and I never imagined she would be reading. My baby girl is not a baby anymore. In just over a year, she will be in Kindergarten. I am in awe . . .

Jacob is crawling, pulling up, trying to move while holding on to fingers or the couch, has two teeth popping up, eating REAL food, and communicating somewhat with signs and gestures. I can't believe my son is eight months old. It seems like only last week that he entered my world. He has grown by leaps and bounds - he's already in 9-12 month clothes!

I am so enamoured with my children. I feel like God has blessed me so much.

No comments: