Monday, December 3, 2012

Christmas Is Coming!

Monday's are usually allotted for Making Your Home Sing Monday, hosted by my friend Nan over at Mom's The Word. Today, however, she has something else in store! A wonderful two-part series on how to have a self-cleaning kitchen! Yes, I am certainly going to be taking notes on this one! Go ahead and run on over there and give her some love - and trust me when I say you'll probably learn something!
Go on! I'll wait!
...

...

'K, back? Great!!

Guess what time of year it it!
My FAVORITE time of year.
Christmas!
I LOVE Christmas so much. The lights, the decorations, the food, the gifts, the family time . . .
It's all so wonderful.
This weekend we decorated for Christmas (a week later than I wanted, but hey! At least it got done!)
We got the tree up,
Got the little decorations up . . .
Even put out my decorative scent warmer
And gave Leonard, our rat, a bit of festive decoration of his own.
But it's still not enough.
I WANT MORE!


I love what two of my best friends have done in their homes - they've decorated the pictures, wall hangings, and family pictures around their house with little Santa hats and other festive decorations (picture Ringo Starr holding a Candy Cane - AWESOME!!)
I have SO got to do this.

I want decorations EVERYWHERE.
Seriously, folks, I want it to look like the Christmas Elf threw up in my living room.

But I have to stop myself and remember something important.
This time of year is not about the decorations.
It's not about the lights, the food, the gifts . . .
In reality, it's not even about the family time.
It is about a tiny little baby born over 2,000 years ago, the night that His earthly mother held Him for the very first time, and the light and love He brought into the world.
It's about Jesus.
Christmas would still be here without all the other stuff, but it would not be here without Him.
So, this Christmas season, I will be making my home sing by keeping the CHRIST in CHRISTmas and teaching my children the REAL meaning of Christmas.

God bless,

1 comment:

momstheword said...

I love Christmas too, and you're right, it's about a precious little baby born long ago and lived to be our Savior!

Thank you for the linky love, my friend! Sorry I didn't respond at the time but I was on vacation in California, hanging with Mickey and Minnie. Lol!