Monday, September 9, 2013

Home Organization 101: A 14 Week Challenge At Bowl Full of Lemons

As you all know, I struggle with organization.
Fly Lady is awesome, but I really think I'm beyond her help at this point.
Then a friend on facebook posted something from a blog called Bowlful of Lemons.
She is having a 14 week challenge in getting your home completely organized top to bottom ...
It was a total God-thing to me, and exactly what I needed.
So, this Saturday I joined the challenge!
Each Monday I will update you on how things have gone for the week, my ups downs, successes and failures. I am excited at what will happen on this journey!

This week we're in the kitchen!
The object is to empty everything out of every cabinet and drawer, get rid of what you don't use/need and organize what you DO.
This has been fairly simple for me, so far, because I actually started this process last week, before I even knew about this challenge, so I started ahead of the game, already half-done!

I also will be cleaning off the fridge, inside and out, and organizing under the sink as well.
I leave for St. Louis (I'm going to see Joyce Meyer!!!) on Wednesday, so I have three days to get it all done ... So here's hoping I can do it AND keep up with the kids schoolwork AND keep up with everything else I'm doing to attempt to keep the house clean, LOL!

If you're interested in joining the challenge, visit Bowlful of Lemons and go for it! Let me know how you're doing, too! Inquiring minds want to know! ;-)

This week I'm linking up with my friend Nan over at Mom's The Word for her Making Your Home Sing weekly link up! Go show her some love!! :-)

5 comments:

MamaRabia said...

I need this challenge, but I don't know how I'd ever find the time with three kids and a job!! How does the house get so messy when we are almost never in it!?!!

Crystal said...

I'm with Rabia! I honestly cannot keep up with work, side projects, kids and the house. But this IS a great challenge!

Leslie said...

I'm with Rabia and Crystal. There just aren't nearly enough hours in the day. Sometimes it's hard enough just to get the kitchen cleaned up at the end of the day. I love the idea of the challenge, though. Perhaps if it were one area per month instead of per week......

Anyway, best of luck to you in it! I can't wait to see how it all turns out!

Kate said...

Wow, I really need to do all of these things myself. My kitchen is looking pretty sorry for itself!

AiringMyLaundry said...

I wish I were more organized!