Monday, September 8, 2008

And the #1 Cause of Atheism Is . . .

Christians.
Don't believe me? Ask any Atheist you know why they chose that path rather than Christianity.

Christ never pushed his beliefs on anyone. Those that wanted to listen, did. Those who didn't, didn't have to. He wanted people to come to him WILLINGLY. Not to be forced guiltily into it by someone yelling at them about hellfire and damnation.

His deciples came to him from their own free will. Those that were chosen, were chosen for their willingness. He never told Peter that he was going to go to Hell if he didn't follow the Lord. Mark either. And John, Matthew, Bartholomew, Andrew, James, Philip, Thomas, James, Simon, Thaddeus, and even Judas came willingly when called. They weren't yelled at. They weren't bereted consistantly. They weren't bullied into believing.

What's my point to all this?
You can't force faith.

It's either there, or it's not.

If someone comes willingly and asks about my faith or my relationship with Christ, I will be more than happy to share with them all I know and then some.

If they aren't interested, that's okay. I'll save the bible verses for someone that is.

It's not that I don't believe in being a Witness. I do. It's just that I firmly believe that with some people, it's a losing battle.

They'll come willingly when their called.

I did.

No comments: