Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Tasty Tuesday! What I'm Cookin'!


Today I am making something yummy and delicious. 
Something that was quick and easy, but slooooowwww cooking all day long.

BEANS.
They're wonderful fruit. 
And you know what happens the more you eat of them . . . 

Well, let's talk about the beans themselves, shall we?

First off, I LOVE MY CROCK POT.

It has become my BFF in the kitchen and I use it at least twice a week.
Today it holds a favorite of my whole family.
Pinto beans. 
NOM NOM NOM.


Here's how I did it:

I picked through a lb. bag of pintos, picking out all the broken bits and stones.


I poured the lot into my crock pot and covered it with two cans of chicken broth plus two cans of water 
(I used the chicken broth cans).
I then added a bit of chili powder, some King's Spice 
(from Scarborough Faire in Texas), 
some Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. 
Then I popped on the lid and let 'er rip.

I started them at 7am. It is now 9 and my house smells amazing already.

Tonight we have beans.
Tomorrow night I will take 1/2 the leftovers and mash them and make homemade refried beans.

Thursday they will go back into the crock along with a can of black beans, some hamburger meat, tomatoes, beef broth, seasonings, and bell pepper and onion for a delicious chili.
Yes.
I love beans.
So, what are YOU cookin' today?

No comments: